Before the match;
- Ensure that the match is published on the website a week in advance. Note that this may have already been done for you. check byÂ looking at scheduled posts and editing it as necessary.
- Select your players in consultation with the Club Captain and the other captains
- Publish the selection (if more than one team is playing on a day then try to keep it to one post to keep the email traffic down.
- Ensure the Bus is organised (usually allow 90-120 minutes to get to the ground and warm up before the match)
- Ensure the Cages Bar management is aware of our rendezvous time so they can organise to open the doors for us and fill eskies.
- Remind Woodstock of our need for pies
- Get a list of your squad together (on your phone or a bar coaster) check you have everyone’s phone number: Membership
- Ensure all the selected players are registered on CricHeroes
- Note anyone going direct to ground
- Phone opposing captain to ensure they are working off the same schedule as you
- Wake up anyone who might be struggling
- Pack tents, eskies, kit into bus
- Check you have scorebooks and stationary
- Ensure plenty of water is available – especially during summer months.
- Appoint a kit bitch
- Appoint a lumberjack
- Bridge/Tunnel Beers
At the ground;
- If you are the home team you need to be early enough to lay out the ground – make sure we have match balls from the SCC
- If the bus needs to pick another team up make sure the driver knows
- Remind team of any rules for the facility you’re playing at
- Win (optional)
After the match;
- Remind lumberjack to make notes from scorebook
- Ensure kit bitch does his job
- Find warm flat beer and sweatiest box for any new Bashers
- Christen new Bashers as per rules of induction found elsewhere
- Name new Bashers
- Appoint a fines master (usually player of the day)
Unusually quiet around here